Asheville Hiking Guidebook
I have signed a contract with Menasha Ridge Press to write a guidebook for Asheville, NC. I will be able to include 35 hikes from Buncombe and surrounding counties. I have lots of good ideas, but let me know your favorite area hike so that I can consider it for the book!
Endorsement Wish List
Beaufort Books (My publisher): Jen, you should compile a list of 10 individuals that you want to review your book.
Me: You mean like my mom?
Beaufort Books: No, dream big; reach for the sky. Think of the top 10 people that you want to read your book and then endorse it. For example, Bill Bryson has the most successful Appalachian Trail book so maybe he could be a long-shot on the list.
Me: Oh, I understand now. No problem!
And in no particular order...
1. Michelle Obama - she has an organic garden and wants kids to move more, love her!
2. Sarah Palin - confused now, aren't you?
3. Lebron James - best of the best.
4. Bill Simmons - greatest sports writer in the world.
5. Pink - comfortable in her own skin... and skintight bodysuits.
6. Snoop Dog - a literary genius if ever there was one.
7. Billy Graham - can he still read?
8. Roy Williams - I have supported the Tar Heels for 26 years; the tables have turned.
9. Sandra Bullock - who doesn't like Sandra Bullock?
10. Martha Stewart - after all, she did climb Mount Kilimanjaro
(I'll be sure to fill you in on Beaufort's reply, when I get one, if I get one...)